Thursday 25 July 2013

Best of British - Day Nine


I had to get up early for my spa day on Day Nine and Rich went off to play golf with my brother-in-law. My sister had booked me and my mum in for a spa day at Ragdale Hall which is in Leicestershire, right in the middle of the countryside. I've not been there for years so it was a proper treat and nice to spend time just me and my mum.

 

We both had a facial booked in and my mum treated me to having a manicure as well but I forgot to get changed first and then had to wait for my nails to dry before I could go home.

My drive home was amusing, I was following the sat nav (with Homer Simpsons voice) and it took me down a farm lane which led to the A1 (a very busy road!), where I then had to turn right over 4 lanes with lorries coming at me, I never thought I would make it but I did.

I hate Sat Nav's!! give me a map anyday.

6 comments:

  1. aw that sounds like a lovely relaxing day,I want to go there one day! I would love to have a Homer Simpson Sat Nav! Does he shout doh!? lol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mandy! I bet it's not too far away from you. You should spoil yourself and do it. It's the best spa I've been to (most expensive too) but great for a one off. The sat nav I borrowed from my sister, Homer does say doh and also mentions ice cream and tells you to say thank you quite a lot. Much better than my sat nav in the USA, just took me home a weird and scary way x

      Delete
  2. that cake looks amazing!

    i am glad you survived the trip home from the spa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love cake, Victoria sponge is my favourite too....x

      Delete
  3. I like the coffee and the pillow. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just letting you know, I got into my old blog http://mymorningcupofcoffee.blogspot.com/

    Follow me over there!

    ReplyDelete